Mushroom Buckwheat Pilaf Recipe
Heat water to boiling. Add buckwheat and cook for 20-25 minutes. If you have longer and don't like boiling things put a lid on the buckwheat and turn off the heat. It will cook by steam in about an hour. It is done when it is light and fluffy looking.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups raw Buckwheat (should be light brown, not black, that is for sprouting)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms(any variety)
- 1/4 cup sliced parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced cilantro(optional...for cilantro lovers only)
- 1/2 medium onion chopped(or more if you like more)
- 1 glove garlic minced
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1 T Braggs Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 T olive oil
Heat oil and Braggs in skillet over medium high heat. Saute onions and garlic for 5 minutes or until tender. Add all other ingredients and simmer over low heat until mushrooms are tender.
Add mushroom sauce to the cooked buckwheat. If you liked this recipe you may also like my Chinese Buckwheat recipe.